St. Louis, Missouri
An entrepreneurially-minded leader and the current executive director of Venture Cafe St. Louis, which is an innovation-focused community of 30,000 members.
- Turned around Venture Cafe St. Louis which was financially distressed increasing the annual budget from $250K to $1.5M
- Secured a $1.3 million dollar private donation to launch the region’s first civic innovation center and education program focused on innovation and equity
- Grew revenue through sponsorship deals with global companies such as Mastercard, Bayer, Express Scripts, Boeing, Accenture, and many others.
- Co-founded Venture School and EdHub STL, intense 12-week pre-accelerator programs aspiring entrepreneurs in SaaS and EdTech, respecitvely.
- Board member of Fabricatorz Foundation which supports global initiatives such as the Open COVID Pledge, Bassel Khartabil Fellowship, Art Hack Day, and launched projects with institutions including Mozilla, Wikipedia, Creative Commons, and artist Ai Weiwei
- Curated several underground art and music events with Red Bull including the national art exhibition, Counterpublic, which was covered in Art in America among other national publications
- Within three months, scaled-up of the operations for a one-day, multi-city ministry event for a nonprofit which deployed hundreds of people across hundreds of cities in the US.
- MBA from Maryville University St. Louis
Venture Cafe St. Louis
Executive Director / 2017 – Present
- Executive director of Venture Café St. Louis, which runs five programs serving the entrepreneurship and innovation community, including the largest weekly gathering of aspiring entrepreneurs in the country.
- Turned around Venture Café St. Louis which was financially distressed increasing the annual budget from $250K to $1.5M.
- Grew revenue through sponsorship deals with companies like Mastercard, Bayer, Express Scripts, Boeing, Deloite, and more.
- Secured a $1.3 million dollar private donation to launch the region’s first civic innovation center and education program focused on innovation and equity.
- Venture Café is has a focus on in-person events with nearly all revenue coming from event-based sponsorship. By acting quickly the organization was able to pivot online successfully and secure enough runway to sustain Covid’s impact.
Board Member / 2018 – Present
- Global art and technology studio that supports entrepreneurial and technology-oriented artists through mentorship, connections, events, and community.
- Launched the Bassel Khartabil Free Culture Fellowship with the Wikimedia Foundation, Mozilla, and Creative Commons. The Fellowship awards $50K plus support for outstanding individuals developing open culture in their communities under adverse circumstances.
- Organized the first Midwest Art Hack Day event, which attracted more than 40 artists, creating 20 unique works in 48 hours. The event drew more than 200 attendees including leaders from Carnegie Mellon, Cortex, Contemporary Art Museum, Pulitzer, etc.
- Launched O.N.G., an art, technology, and music series in collaboration with Red Bull. The latest installation was the closing event of Counterpublic, a national art exhibition, which was featured in Art in America, and other national publications.
Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital
Marketing Director / 2004 – 2016
- A specialty pediatric hospital that helps children transition from the hospital to home. After several years of fundraising experience, I launched the hospital’s first marketing department.
- Led an organizational-wide rebranding of the hospital as part of an initiative to create a new healthcare model i.e., the bridge hospital.
- Launched digital fundraising and marketing efforts which led to an 80% increase from the prior year’s fundraising efforts.
- Launched the organization’s marketing department and first efforts into online marketing and fundraising.
Get in touch
[email protected] | 314-504-0693